The Manitoba Construction Sector Council, Manitoba Home Builders’ Association, Manitoba Heavy Construction Association, Winnipeg Construction Association, and First People Development Inc. are hosting a 1-day Manitoba Women in Trades Conference, March 16, 2022 (7:30 am-4:00 pm) at the Victoria Inn Hotel & Conference Centre in Winnipeg, MB. The conference is geared toward women who need support, guidance, and connections to make their construction career a success, as well as to employers, superintendents, project managers, and estimators to identify ways to recruit, retain and support women in trades.
This conference will feature several of Manitoba Women in Construction’s current & former Board Members as Keynote Speakers and Panelists, spanning a wide range of topics.
Click here to Visit The Manitoba Construction Sector Council’s Event Website for more information, and to register!
- – Learn how to address challenges and work effectively in a male dominated workplace
- – Connect with mentors and organizations that support women
- – Learn best practices for entry and advancement
- – Network with 40 construction and safety associations, educational institutions, Apprenticeship and construction companies at a trades show
- – Build relationships with other women, employers, educational institutions and government to advance in a construction career
- – Breaking Barriers, Building Bridges – A Workshop for Women Entering or Working in Trades
- – Mentorship and Role of Organizations that Support Women
- – Recruitment and Advancement of Women in Trades
- – Use of Technology to Attract, Engage, Educate New and Existing Employees
- – Indigenous Women in Construction: A Story of Success – Manitoba Status of Women Project
- – Women Journey People – Together We Can Do it!
- – Providing HR in a Construction, Trades, Shop, and Field Worker Environment